July 16, 2011

MISSING ITEMS

Do you have tips for something that’s not here? Email me at at daezer1973@gmail.com.

There are three categories of missing items:

1) Items I haven’t confirmed or located yet

a) Somewhere in Suddenly Susan. My tip had no information about what episode it might be. I've watched all 93 episodes -- but what I saw was from a syndication run, so there's likely a few minutes cut from each episode. There are two episodes toward the end ("Susan and the Professor" and "The Reversal") that have the main character interacting with an old professor of hers from college, but the college isn't named -- unless it was cut out in the syndication edit. Should anyone have or know how to get unedited copies of these episodes, please let me know!

b) The rest of the Late Night with David Letterman clip; I'm pretty sure this was a running gag from earlier in the episode, but I didn't catch it and there appears to be no complete archive.  

c) Disney's 1971 tv movie Hacksaw - I just need to get hold of a copy where I can cut the clip.


2) What I don’t know
Clearly, I don’t know what I don’t know! I’m sure there's more out there. Let me know if you have others—email me at daezer1973@gmail.com.


3) Tipped to but turned out not to be true
I was pointed to these items, and watched them, but there was no reference. I suspect that that in several cases, the book on which the film was based had the reference, and my correspondent just misremembered. But if you’re sure it’s really in the film, let me know.

Belles on Their Toes
Broadcast News
Cheaper by the Dozen
Girl, Interrupted
The In-Laws
Ironweed
A Life Less Ordinary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that Caroline Jones appears back to back in your clips? First in Addams Family, then in Batman. I realize that's off the point, but if we're talking about coincidences...